We endeavour to ensure that every child has “the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential”. We strive to support all children in their learning and provide a curriculum which “gives children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life” (Statutory Framework for the EYFS 2021)
At Horn Park Primary School, our Nursery class is led by a teacher and supported by early years specialist teaching assistants. This classroom can cater for up to 30 children at one time and is comprised of:
- 15-hour provision: children who attend for either for AM or PM sessions,
- 30-hour provision: children who stay for the full day, including during lunch time,
- Parents/carers of our 15-hour children have the option to pay an extra £5 per hour top up fee for additional hours as required.
In accordance with the EYFS Framework 2021, our curriculum at Horn Park Primary School has been created to support the specific needs of our children and community. It uses the educational programmes as a foundation to build meaningful learning experiences and builds sequences to allow children to work towards a good level of development.
Our nursery class has 30 morning and 30 afternoon places. Children are admitted the term after their 3rd birthday.
The school admits pupils using the Greenwich criteria:
First priority will go to children with a statement of special educational needs (SSEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) naming the school. After this, if there are more applicants than places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children who have been adopted or become subject to a child arrangements or special guardianship order, immediately following having been looked after
- Children or their immediate family member with a chronic medical condition or social care need for a particular school
- Royal Greenwich children ranked according to home to school distance
- Children living in other boroughs ranked according to home to school distance
Please click here to apply for a Nursery place
Please contact the school for further information on 020 8857 5003