Our school council is a group of elected children from years 2 - 6, who work together to represent the views of all our children in our school. In doing so we hope to improve the school so that it meets the needs, and fulfils the potential, of all our children who attend.
Some of the aims for this year and the future ahead include:
- Organising fundraising events for chosen charities
- To organise and participate in cross partnership sport events
- To develop links with the wider community such as care homes
- To introduce mindfulness using a whole school approach
Some of the work that the school council have carried out in previous years has included:
- Setting up bird boxes outdoors to attract wildlife into the school grounds
- Setting up a recycling system for the school
- Carrying out Healthy lunch box surveys
- Advertising for and organising whole school events including International Evening
“It involves everyone as a school”
"We can introduce new activities in the playground."
"It helps to improve our school"